Monday, September 28, 2009

16 Weeks



How far along: 16 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: As of Saturday up 4.8 lbs.

Sleep: No problems sleeping.

Best moment this week: Going shopping with Margie for maternity clothes.

Movement: I think I felt a flutter. So maybe a little. I am not sure if it is that or just rumbles from being hungry.

Food cravings: life ceral!

Food aversions: Nothing much this week.

Gender: We will find out in 21 days.

Labor Signs: None

Belly Button in or out? Innie

What I miss: not being even more emotional than I normally am!

What I am looking forward to: My mom coming down so I can start my registery! Also finding out the sex...set up the appt. for 10/19/2009

Weekly Wisdom: Maternity pants are great :)

Milestones: I made it to 16 weeks!


How your baby's growing:
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment