Friday, July 17, 2009

6 Weeks Today!

I don't know why but I feel like this is such an accomplishment! I guess because I was barely 4 weeks when I found out it seems like longer than it is. I have just made it to the point when most women are just finding out they are pregnant.


This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. If you could see into your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil bean.


How far along: 6 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I weight myself on Saturdays. I promised I would not go crazy so we will have to wait until tomorrow to see. As of last week I was -1.2 pounds from BFP day weight.

Sleep: I am starting to get up a few times a night to pee....ugh, this is going to be a long 9 months!

Best moment this week: Seeing Mike read his baby book! So cute!!!

Movement: Nope

Food cravings: Cheese, I love chees anyway but now I want to eat cheese all the time! I have it with at least one meal a day.

Food aversions: I used to love chocolate, doughnuts, sweets....right now I don't seem to want any. I made browines for Mike last night and I don't want any. I guess that is a good thing!

Gender: According to the Chiense Predictor it's a boy, but only time will tell.

Labor Signs: None

Belly Button in or out? Innie

What I miss: Medium Rare Steak

What I am looking forward to: Going home to tell our families

Weekly Wisdom: Afternoon naps are a must!

Milestones: I made it to 6 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment