Tuesday, July 14, 2009

First Timer







This is my first time. First time for a few things. I have never tried writing a blog before. It might be boring to most but it will be exciting for me!

Our other first...Mike and I got our first positive pregnancy test around 7:00am on July 4th (I took 3 to be sure, once I took the digital on Sunday night we were convinced!!). Here's how it happened:

I wake up alittle before 7am, knowing that if I want to take a test I should do it now since I had to pee anyway. I get up, take it and my heart sinks. At first I think it is negative. The control line shows up first but I decide to wait a few minutes. I go to look at the clock to check the time and go back into the bathroom. And there it was...a line, a faint line, but a line!! I start shaking, Mike by this time has woken up and wants to know what I am doing and I start saying put on your glasses tell me if you see this! I bring out the test and he looks at it and says "yeah, ok there is something there." It hadn't registered what it was yet. I lay down and he says "We will have to go to the store later and get a pregnacy test and see.." I tell him THAT WAS THE TEST!! Then it hit him! I gave him the card and book Dudes Guide to Pregnancy that I had saved just for this, and he says "I hope we made a boy."

And so it begins!!...EDD March 12, 2009. As of today 5 weeks 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment